What a VA-Accredited Attorney Specializing in Veteran’s Disability Law Can Do For You
Attorneys who specialize in veteran’s disability law provide the following contingency-based services to all eligible VA claimants:
- Answer all your claim questions and provide free, confidential legal advice by phone
- Explain your chances of getting VA benefits, how long your first payment could take, etc.
- Complete your initial VA disability application or review a denied claim for paperwork errors to fix
- Communicate with the VA on your behalf as well as provide regular updates about your claim
- Potentially speed up your claim review and also maximize your monthly pay amounts
- Explain why the VA denied your claim the first time (if applicable) and how to potentially win your appeal
- Review your medical records in order to see if you may qualify for a higher VA disability rating — which means more benefits!
- See if the Equal Access to Justice Act (EAJA) could force the government to pay your legal bills on appeal
Finally, the FY2020 Board of Veterans Appeals report shows why vets should retain attorneys who specializes in veterans disability law. That report shows vets with attorneys won 41% of their appealed cases within the last fiscal year. In fact, attorneys have the highest appeal win rate of any group that provides legal representation to veterans! What’s more, the BVA approved just 34% of legacy and 38% of AMA disability compensation claims last year. Having an attorney who specializes in veterans disability law on your side greatly improves those odds.